As the climate crisis reaches a fever pitch, some cities have banned plastic bags. These five totes will help you sustainably shop.
1. Stella McCartney is leading the fashion front on sustainability. Her red tote bag uses an eco alterna-nappa blend of recycled polyester and renewable vegetable oil that is also animal-cruelty- and PVC-free. The market-ready, airy tote includes a detachable pouch. Knotted tote bag, $925, Stella McCartney
2. Balenciaga’s buzzy shopping bag shrinks to a mini format with this perfectly proportioned tote. A removable and adjustable strap makes this logo-lover’s fashion statement work as a shoulder or crossbody bag. Shopping Xxs North South tote bag, $1,490, Balenciaga
3. Take your logomania on the town with this nylon shopping bag with all-over DG print. Calfskin inserts, nylon lining and a smartphone holder inside make this the perfect tackle-that-to-do-list tote. Nylon shopping bag With Dg Mania print, $975, Dolce & Gabbana
4. The appeal of this Valentino tote is clear. The transparent polymer shopper with VLTN print and leather details features the brand’s trademark metal studs and hardware so you can rock your routine in style. Garavani Vltn plexy shopping bag, $1,295, Valentino
5. For those who really want to make a serious style statement, the Beatrice shopping bag from Dolce & Gabbana will elevate those errands. Made of tropea straw and embellished with multicolored stone appliqués, this tote is meant to dazzle. Beatrice shopping bag in Tropea straw with jewel embroidery, $3,295, Dolce & Gabbana
Photography by: Courtesy of brands